Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rainy Day Cherry Blossoms

 

"Rainy Day Cherry Blossoms"  16" x 18"  $650


 When I write something I am enthusiastic about, I know that I add too many exclamation points. It has occurred to me recently that I probably do the same thing in my paintings. In my watercolors, I often use exaggerated color to communicate living energy. Sometimes that enthusiastic color can get a little overwhelming.
 
I've been painting more cherry blossoms, but I'm trying to capture the delicate petals with more delicate color. As I tone down my palette, I'm having to think more about value (a very good thing!) and I am discovering paint combinations that make the most rich and interesting neutrals. Who knows where this will take me next?


"Cherry Blossom Solo"  8"x 8"  $225


"Cherry Blossom Duet" 8"x 8" $225


No comments: