Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stepping Stones

"Stepping Stones"   8" x 18"   SOLD

Just finished this small study of a scene in the Portland Japanese Garden. I really enjoy the movement in the composition - how the stepping stones lead you right up the levels in the Japanese lantern. I tried focusing a bit more on value than on edges in this painting. It gives the painting a bit more atmosphere.

I love stepping stones. They are a very helpful symbol to me. I tend to be the sort of person who impatiently charges ahead and wants to see the end result right away. I forget that it's the journey that matters; that every step along the way is important. Stepping stones remind me that all I can do today is take the next single step forward.

If you live in my area, please stop by Victor's Coffee House in Redmond during October. The place is full of my paintings! I am so excited to be the featured artist for this month in my very favorite local coffee shop! Thank you to all my wonderful friends who've been visiting my artwork there!

Also, this weekend, Oct 13 & 14 is the Snoqualmie River Arts Tour. There are some really amazing artists on this tour! You can see some of my paintings and prints at Quirkz of Art in Fall City (#23 on the map).

Lastly, if you're looking for a unique birthday gift or starting to think about holiday gifts, please check out my brand new spiffy 2013 art calendar at Zazzle.com.

No comments: